Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Beautiful day to work in the garden.

Two artists came to work today. I think the possibility of rain kept a few people away. Meanwhile, it turned out to be a beautiful day--cool, but sunny. I cut down and pulled out another tomato plant. Now there are only two in Garden # 1 and three on the hillside. Ginger picked up a huge bagful of brown leaves for later use in the compost bin. Juna trimmed and pruned the eggplant and cleaned up dead leaves and debris in both Garden #1 and the Raised Bed. Ginger also weeded the hillside and cut off dead branches on the hillside tomatoes.

I didn't plant anything today because it's been so cold at night. Next Wednesday it's supposed to be in the 70s. If it is, I will plant more winter squash and radishes.

The green onions are coming up and I think we will have a lot of eggplant in a couple of weeks.

Nevertheless, even with the cold rainy weather we still had quite a lot of food to distribute: two heads of arugula, radishes, two small tomatoes, green onions, rosemary and limes from my neighbor's tree. I am still waiting for my avocados to ripen. There are 30 - 40 on the tree. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment