Thursday, August 19, 2010

So, I'm reflecting a bit these days on the garden. Except for this year, every year the garden has been bigger and better. And by that I mean, it has physically grown, and due to my learning and experience, up until this year, my harvest has only been more bountiful. That doesn't mean there weren't failures (ie. potatoes last year, eggplant), but the weather has taken its toll. The cold mornings and evenings, the overcast mornings have produced a harvest that is less than bountiful. There are still enough vegetables to give to the artist/gardeners , but I had over 30 containers of tomato sauce last year. I don't think I will have any extra tomatoes. Let's see. If the weather gets hotter (as it has been for 3 days) I could get a few extra tomatoes, but not like last year. I think I need to start planting cool weather vegetables (turnips, broccoli, parsnips, lettuce) so that I can get some kind of harvest.

Just goes to show you--man is only so powerful. Just when you think you've got it all figured out, the universe slaps you in the face!

No comments:

Post a Comment