Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Good day in the garden. First I fed the hydrangeas and azaleas. Yes, I do have flowers in my garden. Then I reseeded where some of the plants did not come up--arugula and basil. I had planted basil in little pots, but no luck. This time I put them right in the garden. Hopefully, the soil is warm enough. Mache is coming up, as is the kohlrabi, pak choi, kale, cauliflower, turnips, royal oak leaf lettuce, carrotz, radishes, corn and tomatoes. I seeded green onions where a row of carrots did not come up. It's going to be a great garden this year. Meanwhile, everything on the hill is also thriving-zucchini, cucumber, watermelon, yellow squash, spaghetti squash, and cantaloupe. I transplanted what I think is a bell pepper in Garden # 1. Some of the gardeners did not mark the small pots, so I don't know what I have. Everything pretty much looks the same when it's small. I guess I just transplant the other seedlings where ever I have room and see what comes up. Watered everything. Next week I need to foliar spray Actinovate. Maybe Tuesday. Don't forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment