Sunday, December 5, 2010

I don't normally work in the garden on Sunday, but I couldn't help myself. I watered all the newly seeded areas, including the hillside. Everything is starting to come up, although more slowly than during the summer months. I used the water from the rain barrels. Problem: The barrel by the house is fine, but the barrel behind the studio seems to be a breeding ground for mosquitos. I put a screen over the barrel and the cover, but somehow the mosquitos got in. In addition, there are "things" swimming around in the water--mosquito larvae--who knows. Must find out. I fed the 2 orange trees in the front yard and the gardenias (not food for the body, but food for the soul, in their own way). Still need to spray the Neem oil on the plum and lemon trees in the back yard. The plum tree has some sort of rust and the lemon tree has scale. It's always something!!! (Roseanne Roseanna Danna-Saturday Night Live)

No comments:

Post a Comment