Thursday, December 30, 2010

It's been cold and rainy for the last 2 weeks. Not too much to do in the garden. I have planted all the winter crops I had planned, plus the cover crop on the hillside. The cover crop is thriving. The peas are up, but growing slowly. Potatoes have appeared from where I planted them last summer. The new potato plants have not yet shown their green sprouts. The Swiss Chard and kale are doing fine, as are the arugula and lettuce. The spinach is just beginning to show its primordial leaves, as are the carrots. I have seen signs of broccoli and radishes. The radishes will be ready to harvest in a week or two.

I am enjoying the winter garden in more ways than one. It's beautiful in its own way and it's less work than the summer garden. I need a break!

No comments:

Post a Comment