Wednesday, February 9, 2011

What a great day for gardening--sunny, not too hot, not too cold. Juna and our new artist gardener, Michiko, came to garden. Michiko helped me cultivate the soil around the strawberries on the hillside. Then we created little mounds around each one and a well (for watering) around that. Fed the strawberries with Fish Emulsion. I pruned the raspberry plant and fed it Fish Emulsion, too. Added more boards around the potatoes so we can begin to mound soil around the plants. I have ordered 4 cubic yards of organic soil mixed with Compost for next week to add to the garden and to mound on the potatoes.

Juna & Michiko cultivated the soil and added compost to 2 rows of vegetables: spinach and carrots. Then we went to my neighbor's house, Carolee, to pick lemons and limes. She doesn't really use that many and my artist gardeners were so happy to get them, as was I.

No comments:

Post a Comment