Saturday, August 6, 2011



There were 4 people working in the garden today. Hurray! It's nice to have a larger group some times. Romaine & Lu tilled the earth around the tomatoes and bell peppers in Gardent # 1 and then tilled the soil around the squash and zucchini on the hilltop. Alitash planted radishes in Garden "1, weeded and cut back dead leaves. I planted red onions and watered.

Lots of food to share. 1st time this year for broccoli, squash blossoms and beets.

Almost forgot, about 5:30 p.m. I sprayed all the vegetables with BioInsecticide. Didn't have enough for the fruit trees, though. Tomorrow I should spray some of the other plants for fungicide. The roses and zucchini and squash leaves are showing signs of powedery mildew. Gosh darnit, no matter what I do, I get powdery mildew. Probably the cool, overcast mornings this spring and summer aren't helping matters any.

No comments:

Post a Comment