Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The garden is winding down. It's been a difficult year for the garden. For the past 3 years I have only see bigger and better. However, this year, the weather was colder, we had overcast mornings (the sun not showing its face until 11 a.m. or 12 p.m.) Yes, I got vegetables, but not in the abundance of former years. And now, it seems to all be coming to a close. I keep pruning the tomato plants--so many yellow and dying leaves) This didn't happen until October last year. I have planted arugula, parsnips, turnips, lettuce. I may get a good harvest. But the bell peppers are still struggling. Thinking about winter vegetables and also planting the whole garden with vetch and waiting for next spring.

Oh well, as I said before, gardening is a humbling experience. You are dealing with the forces of nature, of which we have no control. Think you have all the answers---Noooooo. You can only do the best you can. Nature decides if you will succeed or not..................

No comments:

Post a Comment