Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Sprayed Neem Oil on the tulip tree, tomatoes, arugula, eggplant, peppers--everything. The tulip tree is again infested with red spider mite. I cut off all the leaves and they came back healthy, but in a very short time, the red spider mite was back. Two weeks ago I sprayed with Safer's Insecticide, but to no avail. Don't want that spreading to the vegetables and other plants and flowers.

The tomatoes, eggplant and peppers are really badly infested with whitefly. I learned something this summer. I started spraying with Neem Oil and then I bought lady bugs, lace wings and pretosium to eat the bad insects. The problem is, they are not enough. Also, after you have the beneficial insects, you can't spray with Neem Oil, because that will also kill the good insects. You have to decide--one or the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment