Monday, December 21, 2009

I have been sick for 3 days so no gardening to speak of. I have picked up the occasional leaf, pulled off a couple of dead leaves on the eggplant, cut out a few dead tomato vines, but not much. Now that I am feeling better, I can get back to work. I only have two tomato plants (from the original six) in Garden #1. There is nothing to save. I am pulling them out today or tomorrow. Then I will put the supports in the gardening garage, so the wooden stakes don't begin to rot in the wet soil. I am going to let the ground go fallow for 1 month, before I start planting new crops.

News Flash! Don't feed sick plants. I just learned that I should not have given fish emulsion to the Meyer Lemon tree since it has scale. Just cut back the scale and try spraying with a chelate iron/zinc amendment to get rid of the scale. Will do!

No comments:

Post a Comment