Sunday, September 13, 2009

Crashing Computer

My computer crashed Thursday night, so it's actually Sunday and I am just now catching up with gardening news. Not so much to do in the garden right now. I will foliar feed the bell and jalapeno peppers tonight. There are still tomatoes, but not in the same abundance of weeks past. Lots of carrots, beets, lettuce, arugula and butternut squash. I just harvested 3 cantaloupe and it looks like I will have a watermelon soon. I was really expecting the watermelon and cantaloupe in August, but oh well, what can a gardener do.

I have been cleaning things up a bit around the garden--cutting off dead leaves and vines, pulling out vegetables that aren't doing well. I have lots of compost to spread around the gardens. It came from the potato bin that produced no potatoes.

The harvest dinner is this Saturday. I couldn't wait any longer or I might not have enough produce to have a "harvest dinner." I think it will be great! I am inviting everyone! Want to come?

No comments:

Post a Comment