Saturday, September 26, 2009

Not as hectic in the garden as it was a few weeks ago. Not so many tomatoes or squash. Maybe I'm getting tired and not working as hard. There is something to be said for 4 seasons Chicago style. Work all spring, summer and early fall. Rest up late fall and winter. Come spring you're ready to go again.

I pullled out an eggplant plant after harvesting my one and only eggplant so far. The eggplant looked great, but the plant itself was all white and mildewy. We'll see how the eggplant is. I harvested carrots and arugula today and had an amazing meal. I hope I get more eggplant. The raised bed garden was originally so acidic, it took a while to raise the pH level. Hence, the eggplant were planted late. I hope it's not too late in the season to harvest more. We shall see.

Meanwhile, the lettuce, arugula, endive, radishes, chives, bell peppers and jalapenos are going crazy. No one seems to want the gardening to end.

No comments:

Post a Comment