Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day

Not here. I'm taking it easy today. I did plant some spinach in Garden #1 and some thyme in the herb garden. I wanted to trim more, but my thumb on my right hand is all swollen and black & blue from using the shears the other day.

I will water this afternoon and take care of the gophers this evening. I use a product made of castor oil. The gophers hate it. You wet down the ground, hook up the bottle to a hose, wet the ground with the product and then water it once more. A lot of water, unfortunately, but it is a non-pesticide way to get rid of the gophers.

Found 4 more caterpillars. Yuck, I hate those things. When you're pulling them off the vine they squirt this green liquid at you. One got me in the face! That is the one thing I hate--getting rid of the caterpillars!

No comments:

Post a Comment