Thursday, October 22, 2009

Gardening, gardening, gardening!

More cutting back on dead vines and leaves. Gosh, every day there are more and more leaves and vines to cut. We are basically talking about the tomato plants. It's interesting, because last year, they were healthier for a longer period of time. These Brandywine and Beefsteak just seem to be fading fast. The 3 Beefsteak on the hillside look very healthy, though. They were planted about 2 - 3 weeks after the other tomato plants in Garden #1.

The garlic is looking perky. All the broccoli I transplanted is looking really healthy. I think the Fish Emulsion was a really good idea. I bought more seeds today--carnival carrots, pak choi and pea snaps. We will plant the pak choi and carrots next week. The pea snaps are for next spring. Because of a pending bill which would eliminate all organic gardening, I always try to buy organic seeds I think I might need or want.

Went to an Otis Alumni gathering at the Koplin del Rio Gallery in Culver City. Found two more people who want to work in the gardens.

No comments:

Post a Comment