Saturday, October 3, 2009

Planting, planting and more planting!

What a great day to work in the garden--sunny, but not too hot. I was out there for about 3 hours. Meanwhile, I had so much garlic to plant, I didn't know what to do with it all. I bought 2 packages of garlic and divided up the cloves. The package instructions said to plant the whole clove and the enclosed instructions said to break it apart. ?????????????? Based on what happened last time--I got the same amount of garlic as what I planted, I decided to break up the cloves. We shall see. I also planted all the onions. You can never have too much garlic and too many onions.

The broccoli and radishes we planted last week are doing well. All the seedlings look so green and healthy. I planted lots of broccoli. Can't wait. Last year's broccoli was so delicious!

I found the largest caterpillar on top of one of the tomato plants. They are eating all the flowers--no more tomatoes????????

No comments:

Post a Comment